Verizon Complaints

If you have received charges on your wireless cellular phone bill from Verizon for mobile content (i.e., for ringtones, premium text messaging services, ring tones, joke a day programs, wallpaper, screensavers, text alerts, etc.) that you never authorized Verizon to bill you for, tell us your story.

–Report Unauthorized Verizon Wireless Cell Phone Charges–

If you have a complaint about your Verizon Wireless service, share your Verizon Wireless complaints with others.

Be Sociable, Share!

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 16th, 2007 at 4:46 pm and is filed under Verizon Complaints. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. By using this blog, you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Under the Terms and Conditions, you agree and understand that your use of this blog does not create an attorney-client relationship, and that the contents of the blog does not constitute legal advice. This blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state. Note: We DO NOT send SMS text messages or charge you for third-party mobile content services. We have simply created a forum for consumers like you to share your cell phone billing issues with others. If you were charged on your cellular phone bill for mobile content services (i.e., ringtones, text alerts, games, etc.) you never order or authorized, you may also contact an attorney at www.ClassActionConnect.com.

797 Responses to “Verizon Complaints”

1. Angelika Kirkland says:

I received a charge of $9.90 on my Verizon Wireless bill for a number from “Pur Lov Alerts” 69097. I never authorized it or subscribed to it. How can I stop it? I stopped all my SMS, will this help?

2. John M says:

The situation with premium texting scams is still going on and had yet to be addressed by Verizon. You’ll have to catch it in your bill then call Verizon to block premium texting on your phone. I can’t believe there has been no legal action against these scammers to date. Verizon’s excuse for passing through these “third Party” charges is that they don’t know what services have been subscribed to legitimately and which have not. Sorry, that doesn’t register. In this instance, it was an unsolicited text message indicating some prize drawing. Out of curiousity, I followed serveral of the links but was not notified I was subscribing to a horoscope service no less for a monthly fee of $9.99. I assure you that had that been obvious and apparent, I would not have followed any of the links. Here’s the rub, they provide a pin to be entered for the “contest” that serves as their verification that you accepted the service. Complete rot. Although Verizon claims they have blocked premium messaging for future billings, they are colluding with these companies (if they are in fact companies at all) to scam an unsuspecting cell user. Class action needs to occur right away. Actually due to the number of people on this site registering the same complaint, felony theft by deception charges should be filed against both Verizon and Horoscope 4 cast.

3. Lisa Malone says:

Billed from aug through oct for service not agreed to.

4. Lisa Malone says:

Billed from aug through oct for service not agreed to.I want my money back.

5. P MacDonald says:

They billed my verizon acct. for 9.99 x 2 months before I called Verizon to ask what it was. They said that the company was Pure Love Alert. I never heard of it and never asked for it. I feel like I’ve just been robbed through my phone….and Verizon helped the robbers. I’m going to complain to the FCC.

6. Becky F says:

We were billed for premium text messaging on two of our phone lines last month. We called immediately and had it blocked but they would not credit our account. We were still billed 9.99 for premium messaging on all three of our phone lines this month.

7. Charlene says:

Had it happen yesterday while Grandchild trying to get Verizon pix online. Got into this Flycell looking for picture. Cancelled within minutes of her doing but got a bunch of crap on my phone anyway. Then again today more even after I cancelled so called and talked to a “Rena” who supposable cancelled it out. So when they allow a 12 year old to transact isn’t that illegal?? Talk about sneaky crooks!!

8. Erin says:

Verizon – please stop allowing 3rd parties to add their charges to our bills. The charge comes through as PSMS Digital Products – this isn’t SOX – it isn’t transparent, are you getting a kick back or what? People read your phone bills line by line….these companies are making money off of unknowing customers

9. JoAnn Arrotta says:

I saw a charge for (.99 . i called verizon and they told me it was a third party charge from IQ QUIZ. They would not take the charge off. I have to pay it. I’m out of work right now and i have to pay some unknown people 9.99 PLUS!!! tax for I dont know what?????? CRAZY!!

10. JoAnn Arrotta says:

I saw a charge for 999 . I called verizon and they told me it was a third party charge from IQ QUIZ. They would not take the charge off. I have to pay it. I’m out of work right now and i have to pay some unknown people 9.99 PLUS!!! tax for I dont know what?????? CRAZY!!

11. Mary S says:

IQ Quiz billed 9.99 which would have been a monthly charge going forward. Caught them, Verizon refunded, texted STOP, and blocked premium message services on the phone. This type of thievery needs to be prosecuted, because it is just that Thievery at the expense of unknowing, non-participate billed parties. Am reporting this group to our State Attorney General office and any other regulatory groups that are available, FCC, FTC, etc….

12. Mary Senatori says:

Ditto to everything people are saying here. These 3rd parties are scammers and Verizon is complicit in this by enabling them to bill to our accounts. The sign-up process is intentionally deceptive and not secure (not user login required). After years of complaints, Verizon should have proactively warned their customers or disallowed this practice, but instead has done NOTHING. The rep I spoke with today said that Verizon is not getting a cut of these charges but I don’t believe that for one second – otherwise what would the payoff be for pissing off their own customers? The rep I talked to today would even take one month’s charge off as a good faith gesture, even though the scammer (thumbplay.com) has been ripping us off for more than a year. (Yes, I don’t scrutinize my bill as I don’t have the expectation of fraud, like one might with a credit card.)

13. Teresa says:

I never gave them my phone number, never authorized anything, did not respond to a text, did not request info, etc. I had NO contact with them at all and I was charged $9.99 plus $3 tax. Ought to be illegal!!

14. Stphen Berry says:

IQ Quiz Mobile Quiz Club $9.99/mth I never requested this service and suddenly got 3 text messages from them. Please don’t charge me for this!

15. Stephen Berry says:

January

16. Stephen Berry says:

17. Denise Kirchoff says:

who the hell do these people think they are?! charging for a bunch 0of crap I do not want!!!

18. Janette says:

Been charged for at least the last year for TWO ‘premium messaging’ services @ $9.99 EACH WITHOUT my consent!!!! ‘Glamorati Alerts’ and ‘Tap Playlist Alerts’. Never heard of them, and just NOW noticed these charges on my online bill. Verizon needs to be held accountable. I am cancelling my service with them. They are deceptive…

19. Bob says:

Verizon’s gone over their head, you have to pay your bill asap for those stupid laggy mobile broadband devices and you get dial speeds and speeds below a megabyte on a good day and a 125ms ping or 780ping when you dont pay your bill asap. Advice, if you cant get high speed internet get dial up, its just as fast or faster then Verizon’s “1 megabyte up and down” mobile broadband devices. Im getting high speed through a local service who takes pride in their work and the speeds are what they say they are.

20. Brandt says:

My wifes account had at some point been accidentally added to a ‘third party’ trivia thing. I never noticed it because my first bill with our newer plan has always reflected the same amount for about a year, so the charge went unnoticed. I finally caught it under the ‘special premium message’ billing area. Verizon was only able to refund one payment, and I never found out what the companies website was or how to contact them.

21. adam says:

just check my phone bill nevery ever sent or called any number but getting charged for this data? says 2/01 11:16A Premium Messaging PREM_SMS 83660 LoveGenie Tips 9.99 — 9.99 9.99

22. Lisa says:

Text # 718-88:

Called them today after they charged my Verizon bill $9.99. I am 31 with no kids and the guy asked me if I let my child use the phone?! What?! He said that a refund would be sent in the mail. I NEVER went to the webiste or requested them to send me any text. When I asked how he received my number HE COULDN’T TELL ME! This is absurd.

23. KATHY says:

tonight at 6;20 PM on 3-10-2012 calls me up, wants a payment,of $68.91 says right then, there if that amount is not payed tonight my cell phone will be turned off when I just made a payment on the 6th for $100.00 them idiots had all day today saturday to contact me for a payment plus all week to ask for this amount now what if funds were unavailable I had to use my business checking acount to pay this amount why did them idiots call me earlier on saturday for a payment instead of calling me at 6PM, when the banks are closed.

24. Marvin Haendler Sr says:

I never even new that existed until I got a notice on my cell phone that I would be cancelled because I had not used their services in 150 days. I wish they would take a flying leap at the moon

25. Greg Bove says:

I am Being charged by Verizon on my Cell phone $9.99 plus tax each month for premium messageing service I did not subscribe to. Verizon has refunded the charge 2 of 3 months but will not do it again and blocked 405-44 for me. Verizon asked me to text 405-44 with stop in the message and that woul work. I do not receive an acknowledgement from the text number. I am not confident it works. Should I receive another charge I will deduct that amount from my bill. Additionally I will file a complaint with the FTC aganinst Verizon and the text number 405-44. The first call I managed to identify as University of Phoenix, The last by a service for Direct TV and ADT. Nothing works to stop the charge.

26. Ray Liang says:

What is wrong with Verizon as so many people were charged for service they did not subscribe. It is a crime. Carriers take action!!

27. Kristin says:

Just found out my husband has been paying $9.99 for over 14 months for ‘premium messaging’ which was never requested. I cannot believe Verizon or any other cell phone carrier would be complicit in helping CRIMINALS steal money from their customers! Ridiculous and shameful.

28. jamie says:

i got a txt saying that i had to go on to vzwpix.com and log on so my pics wouldnt be erased so i did but the pin number they gave me wasnt tyhe correct pin number so what is the correct one

29. Linda Murrey says:

A month ago I did a FREE 14-DAY TRIAL with Verizon’s Home Phone connect. I asked twice before signing anything that”If I brought it back with the 14 days, would there be any charges whatsoever?” The answer at all times was “NO Charge if you bring the Home Phone Connect back within 14 days.” Well, the phone did not work for what I wanted, and I took it back 11 days later. Verizon not only charged me an activation fee, but and an early deactivation fee, taxes and time used amounting to over $200.00. They reversed the deactivation fee after a long wait on the phone and an even longer conversation, but would not delete the activation fees or taxes whice came to over $40.00. Basically, I was lied to by their representatives or their representativies were not trained properly, and I have to pay for it. You would think that my business with them of several years and their reputation and ethics is worth more than $40.00. I did sign the contract believing that there was no charge, but that was misrepresented by their people before signing the contract. I wouldn’t have tried there “FREE TRIAL” if there was a hidden agenda and it was going to cost me $40.00. IN ORDER to get the phone for trial, you must sign the contract, but it was never pointed out to me any charges at all. that i just deceitful and very bad business practice on Verizon’s part. As soon as my contract is up, I am going elsewhere, unless they compensate me in some way. i have already spent more than two hours talking to them on the phone. I know of a cable/phone company who would not hesitate to compensate their customer happy over a $40.00 bill. With Verizon apparentlly, the customer is always ‘wrong’.

30. jessie says:

stop this app i thought it was my on line picture and its not so please delete it

31. JOSE (@MARINEUSMC0311) says:

VERIZON ARE OVER CHARGING BIG TIME..LOOK AROUND AT OTHER PLANS AND YOU WILL FIND OUT HOW MUCH MORE VERIZON IS OVER CHARGING YOU..

LOOK AT OTHER PLANS. AT&T ROLL OVER MINUTES THAT YOU DO NOT USE…VERIZON DO NOT ROLL OVER MINUTES THAT YOU DO NOT USE…THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF. YOU PAY FOR THOSE MINUTES , VERIZON SHOULD ROLL OVER ANY ON USE MINUTES, YOU PAY FOR THOSE MINUTES..
    I TERMINATED MY PHONE CONTRACT WITH THEM. I URGE YOU TO LOOK AROUND AT OTHER PLANS..

32. marilyn says:

um i want my mins. back on my phone i did not subsribe this mess on my phone i’ve been wth this company for years and i dont want nothing on my phone i can go on line for and get for free….if my mins. r not placed on my phone i will take futher steps due this matter this is outregeous…

33. barbara lee says:

i do not want these services, 5412336279. stop texting me please. i did not ask for this. thank you.

34. Elaine Quale says:

I do not remember ever seeing a text from them nor did I ever contact them. My May bill included a $9.99 bill for Premium Messaging, which I am told I have to pay even though it was never asked for or authorized. I feel there is something dreadfully wrong when companies can bill you on your provider’s account, and the only way a person finds out about it is by checking the bill item by item. The representative I talked to said that I have to pay this initial bill, and that he has put a block on it, but he said they could do nothing about the initial bill. I am very unhappy about it, but I did pay the bill. If it happens again next month as this is supposedly a recurring billing, I will refuse to pay it and contact the FCC.

35. Linda Jimenez says:

My mother is 88. I got her a phn from Verizon. She doesnt even use it and I get this reoccring bill and have no idea what it is, I can’t believe Verizon allows or is doing this. It really should be illeagle. Get It Now Download NFL Pix and Tones and Get It Now Download FunTones Unlimited — who did this to her phn, I know she didnt do it..I know I didnt do it. Its like being robbed really. Mad. Guess I’ll change providers..seems like no other option.

36. Teresa says:

Didn’t ask/accept or request any Premium Messages!! STOP. Called Verizon they removed the most current month. Called Jamster Content today and can’t believe their outrageous practices!! Told me that we agreed to contract. Yes, my 10 year old agreed by receiving a text!! Unbelieveable!! Seeing that we can’t always control who we receive texts from. Blocked them and anyone else from getting through until they can find another way to do it! I want a FULL refund for ALL Charges associated with Premium Messaging! Tell everyone to call, report it, check their bills, ask for a FULL refund.

37. April says:

This is bogus. I just went to a website listed in my handbook for my phone to load pics to and it was a verizon website

38. william scott says:

I do not want this survice. did it not knowing what it was.. DO NOT BILL MY ACCOUNT.. I hope this works and gets though!

39. Michael DeLucia says:

Just charged 9.99 for premium messaging from Jamster. Have no idea why, never knowingly ordered the service. Have they cornered the market on pocket dialing?

40. Theo G. says:

Same deal. Two phones both had 9.99 charges no one authorized. Verizon blew smoke up me. Read from a script. No refund or so they said. BS. Scam complicit company. Untrustworthy.

41. Rod says:

I called Verizon asking what the $9.99 Premium message bill was about, they said its been on my bill for 3 months, and put a block on it but i wld get one more bill anyway from mobile tonez, i never d’loaded any tones ever, basically i was told theres nothing i can do, just eat it.

42. Edgar Bernal says:

I’d never imagined. I was deceived, was supposed from my daughter to open it at vzwpix.com and I thought they were pictures from my grandson. That’s heartless.

43. Hana Im says:

I started receiving text messages from Bid and Win, also providing me with my pin #. Then I was charged a monthly fee of $9.99. I’ve asked for a refund, but we’ll see how it goes. I hate scammers.

44. steve says:

Just noticed this 9.99 chaege fo “premium messaging” on my Verizon bill so I called to find out about it. I was told someone must have gotten my cell number and entered it on a website and I have been billed for it for six months… I told her to stop it and credit me back for six months. The lady called the service provider while I was on the line, we were told that they will stop the “service” and they will send me a check for three mos as they can only go back three mos. The Verizon lady said that Verizon would also credit me for $20. So we’ll see.

45. riley says:

clash mobi charge of 9.99 plus 1.40 tax. Don’t know who they are. Verizon charge me. I call and complained. They removed from my bill and gave me a credit with no questions asked. I also blocked premium texting. Sounds like a rip off. If it is one my next bill. I will be dropping them.

46. Karla says:

Just noticed a $9.99 charge for “premium messaging” for my daughter’s phone which has been added to my past three bills! Only noticed it this month, so went back to past bills and noticed it on the last three. I called Verizon asking what the $9.99 Premium message bill was and they said it was for either ringtones or text alerts, neither of which my daughter has on her phone. All Verizon could do was put a block on it but most likely I will get one more bill anyway from this Jamster that I never loaded. Basically I was told there is nothing I can do but pay the bill!

47. kate says:

Just noticed a $9.99 charge for “premium messaging” for my daughter’s phone which has been added to my past three bills! Only noticed it this month, so went back to past bills and noticed it on the last three. I called Verizon asking what the $9.99 Premium message bill was and they said it was for either ringtones or text alerts, neither of which my daughter has on her phone. All Verizon could do was put a block-same as above person-was told to call myself-got run around