PredictoMobile, LLC d/b/a PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto: 654654

If you have received charges on your wireless cellular phone bill from PredictoMobile, LLC d/b/a PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto: 654654 for mobile content services and subscriptions (i.e., surveys, votes, news alerts, ringtones, premium text messaging services, joke a day programs, wallpaper, screensavers, text alerts, etc.) that you never ordered or authorized PredictoMobile or Predicto to bill you for, tell us your story!

–Report Unauthorized PredictoMobile and/or Predicto Cell Phone Charges–

PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto Short Codes:

654654

PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto Websites:

www.predictomobile.com
www.predicto.com

Who Is PredictoMobile, LLC d/b/a PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto?

According to Predicto’s website “Predicto Mobile gives you access to unlimited surveys, votes, and news alerts. You will be charged $9.99 monthly on your mobile phone bill.”

PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto Related Mobile Content Subscriptions and Services and Supporting Carriers:

According to PredictoMobile’s website it provides a “subscription service that is billed at Nine Dollars and Ninety Nine-Cents ($9.99) per month to Your mobile phone bill.”

According to PredictoMobile’s website, “Text your vote on the latest questions from Predicto, $9.99/mo. on cell.* Fun new surveys daily. Every vote gets you a chance to win.”

PredictoMobile’s website says that it posts survey questions related to current events and other topics to your Cell Phone via SMS for premium members; and via their website for basic members and premium members and then premium members may vote on any survey that they receive by following the instructions contained within the SMS message. In addition, “Premium Members will receive selected news updates associated with topics that such Premium Members have previously voted on or otherwise expressed an interest in.”

Predicto Mobile’s website indicates that Predicto is available to cell phone customers and suscribers of the following wireless phone carriers and telephone service providers: Alltel, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Cellularsouth, nTelos, Suncom Wireless and Virgin Mobile.

How To Cancel or Unsubscribe From PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto Mobile Content Subscriptions and Services

According to Predicto’s website “You may unsubscribe from the service at any time by texting “STOP” to 654654. You may obtain customer service at www.predicto.com/support or by texting “HELP” to 654654.”

According to PredictoMobile’s website “Just text “STOP” to 654654. We’ll cancel your subscription. Right away, we will stop sending you prediction questions, news updates, and other administrative messages. If you cancel after your subscription has renewed but before you have received your cell phone bill, you will see one last monthly charge. But, we will not charge any new amounts on your phone bill after you cancel.”

Predicto Mobile Online Customer Support Inquiry Form:
www.predicto.com/index.cfm/fuse/support

PredictoMobile Telephone Number:
1-800-360-0518

Predicto Mobile Email:
support@PredictoMobile.com

Predicto Mailing Address:
PredictoMobile, LLC
One Bridge Plaza
Suite 275
Fort Lee, New Jersey 07024

Related Tags:

subscription, subscribed, cancel, charge, charges, charged, prem_sms, $9.99, bill, billed, bills, billing, premium text messaging, stop, unsubscribe, quit, Premium TXT Messaging, class action, lawyer, lawyers, attorney, attorneys, lawsuit, refund, credit, help, mobile, wireless, phone, unauthorized, being charged for $9.99 by a text message sent coming from 654654, bogus, mobile purchase, unwanted, did not order, never purchased, end, optout, opt out

–Report Unauthorized PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto Cell Phone Charges–

Be Sociable, Share!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 at 11:28 pm and is filed under Content Providers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. By using this blog, you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Under the Terms and Conditions, you agree and understand that your use of this blog does not create an attorney-client relationship, and that the contents of the blog does not constitute legal advice. This blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state. Note: We DO NOT send SMS text messages or charge you for third-party mobile content services. We have simply created a forum for consumers like you to share your cell phone billing issues with others. If you were charged on your cellular phone bill for mobile content services (i.e., ringtones, text alerts, games, etc.) you never order or authorized, you may also contact an attorney at www.ClassActionConnect.com.

288 Responses to “PredictoMobile, LLC d/b/a PredictoMobile™ and/or Predicto: 654654”

1. Anne M says:

Hi – I just got charged 9.99 on my bill from predicto. What the hell?! 9.99 for nothing?

2. Edward says:

I was billed by Predicto through Verizon. I called Verizon and they removed the charge and blocked Predicto from doing it again.

3. Alouisis says:

This has been going on for 2 years or more and no one has stopped them. WTF.

4. Laura says:

I just saw that I’ve been charged 9.99 a month for a service I did not sign up for. This has been going on for the last 7 months. I called Verizon and they told me to send a text to 654654 and text “Stop” in the body.

5. Janet Adams says:

They have been charging me 6 Months!! This is a Scam!! How do I get a refund and press charges??

6. Janet Adams says:

This is a Scam!!
    I want a refund and to press charges!

7. Brad Rushin says:

Noticed the charges for txt messages I did not request or want at all. What do I care who hosts some lame tv show. What can I do about this. Already read and replied stop to predicto. I live on a very limited budget and this bogus charge is ridiculous.

8. Brad Rushin says:

I have been charged by this predicto group for something I have never requested. I live on a limited budget and could not care less what some jersey shore idiot does. What can I do about this?

9. jhoanna says:

pls stop send me a massage from predicto.i never request this stuff they charge me 9.99 ever month. i dont want it.pls stopppppppppp i dont wanna pay every month i never use it this massage

10. Susan Carter says:

call this number to cancel your account 1-800-360-0518
    they trick, first they ask people enter cell number then they send them activate code and if people enter activate code they immediately set up account for them. then every month they charge $ 9.99. I just call this number 1-800-360-0518 and cancel it, so they charge me any more.

11. EPL says:

First reply to 654654 and simply text them STOP. That will stop the service. But to get them to refund your charges you need to call 1-800-360-0518 and ask for the supervisor as soon as you can, and then tell them you will report them to the Better Business Bureau. They said that I should see a full refund within 2 billing cycles, and gave me a confirmation number. If they still refuse to refund your money, then contact the BBB in Trenton NJ (PredictoMobile is based in FT. Lee NJ), and tell them your case, and they will help you.

12. Jay says:

I did not sign up for any service from Predicto Mobil.. And contrary to what Predicto Customer Service says, I.E. Please note that a customer enrolls in our service by submitting their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains the terms and conditions including price of service and billing to the cell phone.

Yes I did a quiz and put my cell phone number in BUT THERE WAS NO INFORMATION ON THAT PAGE! All the page had was “Please give your cell phone number” and a “CONTINUE” button!

If any one knows if there is a lawsuit going against them please tell me.

13. Chris Beaulieu says:

I was just hit with the bill for Predicto. They say I signed up for the service in March on their website and put in my cell number. There’s no way I did that! I took a quiz on a different site in order to watch a tv show and there was no mention of subscribing to a service at all. I was then harassed by multiple texts from Predicto. I thought it was spam, not putting it together that the quiz and these texts were related. This is outrageous. I don’t see how they can bill me without me signing up for anything, without reading any notice! I’ve read now everywhere that this is a huge scam. If there is any class action against them, please let me know. This is completely underhanded.

14. Daniel Reyes says:

Arghhh i never voted either what a scam

15. Lisa says:

Just found out about this on my bill and it was just outright ridiculous to find out that you can be charged for something you didn’t authorize. ATT offered “Purchase Blocker” for free. I’m fuming!

16. Amy says:

My son doesn’t know how he got signed up for this but I just called 1-800-360-0518 and spoke to someone who spoke surprisingly good English and she said she would cancel the account. I told her she needed to get a different job because this is a scam. She finished the call very quickly after that.

17. Anita says:

I’ve never order this company service, when I go to AT&T and want to get them help, they just answers me I can reply STOP for that text. I did it immediately, but a month later, I still get the charged, then I call to customers serive, the client’s answer make me feel this company have a very
    serious deception, she said “I reply text is by my cell phone number, but the billing name is my husband’s name, so their system still need to charged again due to bill name was not me??? but they sent me the text not my husband???
    I really mad what kind of company like that can lie people and get money so eazy.
    and the other serious problem is
    AT&T and other telecomm Co., ignore this problem, nobody can help us, and the only way is pay the bill that I’ve never ordered!

18. Della says:

I have been charged for 6 months from this PREDICTO scam. I called predicto and they provided me with the number which identified the computer that the purchase was made through. Bottom line, I don’t care where it came from, I was never aaware that I was making this purchase. I then followed the steps that a previous blogger #12 Michele and had the same excellent care from AT&T.
    I immediately called AT&T and they have refunded me all the charges immediately. The total charges I had been charged was $60.00. It’s wouldn’t have broke me but it is the principle of the matter. I hope this helps. Thanks Michele for the advise.

19. Rajinder Sandhu says:

I am getting charged $9.99 to my t-mobile bill since June 2010 that i never authorized. I called predicto and I am told that they are getting in touch with corporate and someone will respond within 2 business days. I have the complaint confirmation number. Lets hope they respond, otherwise I will contact the FCC and FTC.

20. Heather says:

I noticed the charge on my bill. I do not ever and would not ever sign up for something like this, so I called AT&T and spoke with the representative. He said that you dont have to be using the device which the number is associated with, someone can just enter your cell number on a website. He said that someone may have signed up for something using my number–no other authentication is needed. He told me that he could refund up to 90-days of charges, and luckily I caught this three days before the 90-days would have begun.

Moral of the story: call your provider, demand money back (get a supervisor if needed), and have them put a parental block on your account. This makes sure that you have to enter a 4 digit pin in order to authorize any of these types of scams. It will prevent a lot of headache in the long run. And for those of you with iPhones, etc., this parental block will not interfere with iTunes as that is not part of your wireless bill. Good luck to all of you. I hope someone gets to the bottom of this one way or another.

21. sophie says:

I noticed the charges on my bill, it’s being going on for months. I never authorised this scam, but received a message asking to respond “stop”. I called Predicto and spoke with an agent, they are using false information to reply to complaints..she said that the txt messages were containing a call back number to stop these messages. this is not true. I will not let this go and will take all legal actions!

22. dembo says:

i ask preddictomobil to stop text me and they are charging me u should stop it and am going to file a lawsuit for all the money u charging me

23. Annette Fashelle says:

FRAUDULENT CHARGES
    THROUGH T-MOBILE
    BUT NOT BY T-MOBILE

For months, T-Mobile was charging me outrageous amounts. I didn’t know about it because they kept sending my statements to the wrong address. (You’d think the people at the wrong address would have sent it back to T-Mobile, but they didn’t). And, when my bank statements came in, I didn’t look at them because there was a family emergency which lasted for months – the largest amount of time from January 2010 until October 2010.

Today, after finally gaining access to one of the T-Mobile phone numbers (the phone just usually rings, and rings, and rings, with nobody ever answering it) I got to an automated entity that said I now owe T-Mobile $115.00. WHAT!

I finally ran to their store – without benefit of shower, make up, nor dentures. When I got there, they gave me a chair to sit on because I was shaking so much from rage. I had to be sure not to take my rage out on the very people who were trying to help me – the staff.

I found out that every month I’ve been charged about $100.00 too much due to the fraud! And this is the fraud:

Openmarket 654654 Predicto $ 9.99
    Openmarket 59187 Standard Message $ 9.99
    Motricity 90881LobbyAirts 8883879993 $ 9.99
    Mobile Messenge 72449mindquiz 8004166129 $ 9.99
    Mobile Messenge 88922txtairts 8004166129 $ 9.99
    Mobile Messenge 77899 Call (877) 3-SENDME $ 9.99
    Mobile Messenge 82561 82561 Download 877- $ 9.99
    Mobile Messenge 25692 MindQuiz 8777071775 $ 9.99

TOTAL CHARGES $79.92

That’s almost $80.00 every month. Had these charges not been applied to my T-Mobile bill, I wouldn’t have had hundreds of dollars of overdrafts, each of which cost $20.00 PLUS the amount of the bill itself. I would not have run into so many financial difficulties! ALL my banking problems would have been non-existent!

These charges have done so much damage that it is now imperative that I cancel my present bank account and start a new one. It is also imperative that I contact Consumer Cellular, the cellular company that I changed to because of T-Mobile’s charges, and request an immediate cancellation of my present phone number, and an immediate designation of a new number.

These charges were applied to my account WITHOUT MY EVER RECEIVING them. These scum-of-the-earth companies who sent me all these text messages (which I never opened), should be made to pay back every dollar they swindled out of me.

I have never texted anyone because 1) I don’t see the purpose of this thing, 2) I don’t know how, 3) I’ll be 70 years old this year and I don’t plan on learning all this high tech stuff. Mostly, it’s useless to me. I’m still living in the 1950’s, and it’s easy for these undercurrent companies to pull the wool over my eyes. And, speaking of eyes, I’m blind in one of them. So, you can bet your bottom dollar I’m not going to take up texting!

The lovely young lady who served me at T-Mobile today (Tracey) tried her utmost best to try to get all these charges deleted from my T-Mobile account, but since I cancelled T-Mobile, her supervisor could not help me. Had I still been a customer, she could have erased the latest month – NOT any other month. But, that would be useless because this month (the month of March) shows that I owe them $115.00. That would be saving very little.

This report is being given to:

Better Business Bureau

Consumers’ Protection Advocacy

Consumer Cellular

T-Mobile’s head office.

My bank

And anyone else that I haven’t thought of at time of writing this report.
    21 S. Kuakini St.
    #104
    Honolulu, HI 96813

24. Refund Jockey says:

go here for your refunds

25. Refund Jockey says:

26. James says:

Verizon Wireless is instituting a process whereby its customers may claim a refund for any charges associated with PSMS content

Verizon Wireless will refund those charges if a customer did not authorize or did not understand that they would be charged for the PSMS content.

27. James Carrillo says:

We have been charged 9.99 for at least the past 8 months (probably longer) for a Predicto Subscription that we didn’t ask for. ATT wouldn’t help in cancelling or refunding the money. I called Predicto where the rep assured me it wasn’t part of a scam. The rep wouldn’t give me a phone number to talk to an operations director or for their legal counsel. The rep did say Predicto does send out a monthly reminder of their service being subscribed to, but we have never received such notice. This scam was such a waste of hard-earned money.

28. Chris M says:

We have been ripped off by this company for over a year. If there is a class action suit let me know! My son is under 18. They cannot legally due this and we cannot get them to refund our money.

29. Caroline Lennox says:

I am getting scammed here in Canada too, and Rogers is threatening to put me into collections if I refuse to pay the $5/text charges. It is a different company, but same issue.

30. suzette wood says:

I have been charged for several months on my cell bill for some service I did not, and would never, order! I want a refund.

31. Hassan says:

I was on auto bill pay, did not check my bill for a period one year, noticed $9.99 from Predicto and $9.99 from Celebrity Squares. I called ATT and finally they gave me credit for past 12 month.
    They are SOB

32. Bill says:

9.99 charge since Dec 2010

33. Bill says:

Never signed up for this, we pay our sprint bill online. I looked at the bill this month and called sprint who credited one month. Since the “3rd party” has been paid, they wont refund us. I plan to report to BBB an MO Attorney general. What a freakin scam, this has gone on since 2004, based on the minimal research I have done. Predicto mobile is a scam and needs to be held accountable for stealing money from innocent people!

34. Heidi says:

I am in the same boat, except it was my minors phone. Here is the kicker I called carrier and they said they couldnt refund the money. Um how can they enter a contract with a minor. I spoke with the rep from predicto tonight and the first question was is this a minor’s phone? When I replied she told me they do not condone minors doing this without permission from their parents.. hmmm. I am going back for the last year and its 10.00 a month extra. I dont get paper bills anymore so I didnt line item the bill.I am marching into to my carrier tomorrow and I want a print out of my bill from her phone for the last 2 years and I will report both companies if I dont get satisfaction. I am suppose to get a refund from the other company, but why are they allowed to bill through our company!! Im pissed.. period. If it goes back to the first month she had her phone I know it will be a reused number that she got and I have been paying for someone else.. UGH!

35. chris says:

Predicto started sending me text questions almost immediately after i signed up with cellcom. went to their website to unsubscribe to something i never subscribed to in the first place! the messages stopped for a period of time but now i am receiving them again.I have never checked my phone bill to see if i am being charged. how do i get them to stop for good?

36. Charles says:

Well, it appears this scam is still going – my wife and I discovered that Predicto has been charged to her line on our Verizon account for many months – possibly years. (Digging out older bills now.) It is the usual $9.99/mo for “premium messaging”. Our real surprise was that a 3rd party could just attach charges to our Verizon bill. Given that our bills are many, many pages along with the deceptively generic name, this just got missed. I’m guessing that’s the overall Predicto business model. Anyhow, add our vote to any legal action against Predicto!

37. chris entrekin says:

please get predicto of my phone!

38. Brian McShane says:

I found this charge on my bill and contacted my carrier, Verizon. I was told that this was something that I must have subscribed to. After explaining that I have never done such a thing, the charges were removed and the account was blocked so that future contact and charges will not appear.