Federal Overtime Law | Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) | 29 U.S.C. § 212 | Child Labor Provisions

If you believe that your employer has not paid you all of the overtime pay, hourly wages, salary and other benefits that you believe your employer owes you, tell us your overtime and wage story!

-Report Unpaid Overtime & Wages-

Federal Overtime Law | Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) | 29 U.S.C. § 212 | Child Labor Provisions

(a) Restrictions on shipment of goods; prosecution; conviction

No producer, manufacturer, or dealer shall ship or deliver for shipment in commerce any goods produced in an establishment situated in the United States in or about which within thirty days prior to the removal of such goods therefrom any oppressive child labor has been employed: Provided, That any such shipment or delivery for shipment of such goods by a purchaser who acquired them in good faith in reliance on written assurance from the producer, manufacturer, or dealer that the goods were produced in compliance with the requirements of this section, and who acquired such goods for value without notice of any such violation, shall not be deemed prohibited by this subsection: And provided further, That a prosecution and conviction of a defendant for the shipment or delivery for shipment of any goods under the conditions herein prohibited shall be a bar to any further prosecution against the same defendant for shipments or deliveries for shipment of any such goods before the beginning of said prosecution.

(b) Investigations and inspections

The Secretary of Labor or any of his authorized representatives, shall make all investigations and inspections under section 211 (a) of this title with respect to the employment of minors, and, subject to the direction and control of the Attorney General, shall bring all actions under section 217 of this title to enjoin any act or practice which is unlawful by reason of the existence of oppressive child labor, and shall administer all other provisions of this chapter relating to oppressive child labor.

(c) Oppressive child labor

No employer shall employ any oppressive child labor in commerce or in the production of goods for commerce or in any enterprise engaged in commerce or in the production of goods for commerce.

(d) Proof of age

In order to carry out the objectives of this section, the Secretary may by regulation require employers to obtain from any employee proof of age.

If you believe your employer has not paid you all of the overtime pay, hourly wages, salary and other benefits you believe you are due, contact an overtime pay and employment class action lawyer:

-Report Unpaid Overtime & Wages-

You can also share your overtime pay and wage complaints, if any, with other employees by leaving a comment below.

Overtime & Wage Related Tags:

overtime law, labor law, mandatory, employment, regulation, unpaid overtime, wage law, exemption, overtime calculation, how to calculate overtime, overtime calculator, wage and hour, employee right attorney, employee right in workplace, lawyer for employee right, employee legal right, employment lawyer, employment lawyers, layoff, laidoff, layoffs, laid-off, lay off, laid off, employment law, employment law lawyer, class action, class actions, lawsuit, lawsuits, suit, suits, case, cases, laws, firm, firms, lawsuite, lawsuites, attorney, attorneys, lawyer, lawyers, complaint, complaints, complain, complains, compliants

-Report Unpaid Overtime & Wages-

Be Sociable, Share!

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 at 7:21 pm and is filed under Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. By using this blog, you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Under the Terms and Conditions, you agree and understand that your use of this blog does not create an attorney-client relationship, and that the contents of the blog does not constitute legal advice. This blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state. Wronged by your Employer? Want to Fight Back? Contact A Class Action Attorney at www.ClassActionConnect.com.

Be the first to leave a comment.

Describe Your Complaint